Wednesday, June 3, 2015

39 Weeks Pregnancy Update: Baby # 2

39 Weeks Pregnancy Update: Baby #2


^^^38 weeks^^^

^^^My in laws are seriously so sweet and got me a pedicure at Life Time Fitness so i was able to relax for an hour by myself and then work out for an hour at the gym there, afterwards we met up at the pool and they brought my little guy for some fun in the sun.  Im trying to work this baby out with the couple days i get to the gym each week and walking. ^^^

^^^38.5 week bump at the pool last weekend with my little guy & my sweet in laws^^^
^^^just about 39 Weeks Bumpin at Sea world^^^


How far along: 39 weeks pregnant (tomorrow!)



Due date: June 11 2015



Weight Gain: 26.5 lbs. 




Symptoms:  bathroom trips usually once a night, TONS of braxton hicks daily, cervical sharp pains here and there that stop me in my tracks and i have stand there cringing until they're gone. Last week i had some realllllly awful ones at night. I have alot of labor symptoms going on so read those below.. I still have lower abdomen soreness probably from the weight of the baby lying low, nausea off and on but super minor (started around 36-37 weeks again).  NESTING has started the past 2 weeks for sure.



Cravings: Chocolate, sandwhiches still.  Chocolate donuts and cupcakes sound good after having a cupcake on memorial day i crave them.  Not usually one of my cravings when not pregnant, im more of a salt girl. But its fun to spoil myself with sweet treats here and there. Craving smoothies and fresh COLD fruit.  Cereal sounds good and food is turning me off, especially at dinner time if ive had any nausea or cramping im hungry but nothing sounds good.

Wedding Rings: on.

Belly button: out

Exercise: cardio once a week. Im lucky if i get to go twice. But mostly just walking here and there

Sleep: sleep is good compared to my first pregnancy. i wake up just once to use the restroom & its easy for me to fall asleep

Maternity Clothes: Yes


Excited for: labor! Well, also a bit nervous. But i cannnnnnnot wait to meet her and see what she looks like and meet her little personality.


Missing: nothing right now, im really just enjoying this time being pregnant with these last few days i have left


Pre Labor Signs: YES!  I have had plug showing up almost every day since last week. I have had bloody show (sorry TMI) here and there, cramping with lower back ache off and on and braxton hicks like crazy. I lost a pound this week which also happened the week i had my son. I have had lose stools (sorry I know its tmi but its the truth and this is a pregnancy post afterall), which can also be your body clearing itself out for labor, so who knows if thats a symptom!?  My abdomen is achey down low as i mentioned above and sometimes my bones ache down there.




Dr Update: My dr started internal exams at 36 weeks so here is the breakdown since i dont do weekly pregnancy updates. 
week 36 exam: 56% effaced, no dilation, baby was high at -3 station.
week 37 exam:  60% effaced, no dilation, baby was still high at -3 station.. so basically no progress. Dr told me to not hold back and exercise and walk like mad to get this baber lower.
week 38 exam:  60% effaced, 1/2 cm dilated, baby moved down lower to -2 station. I was happy for that little progress! Started losing plug around here and had some on and off bloody show with cramping/braxton hicks and back ache
week 39 exam: Check was today, im 2 cm dilated!! WOOHOO! 60% effaced still, SUPER ripe/soft, and baby is -2 (although also told baby is -1 so not sure).

 ***Dr did a membrane sweep this morning so ive had lots of cramping/with dull back ache for several hours (which is normal) and a little spotting.We will see if anything happens otherwise i will have another sweep next week***  Also my ultrasound i had at 36 weeks for growth came out to be completely normal, baby measured 36 weeks and 2 days, she was around 6.7 lbs already (give or take a pound they said; i guess theyre hard to get an accurate measurement at that late in gestation).  So thats sooo great!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I have some other fun posts planned for this week so keep checking back!!   
OH and be sure to leave a comment below with your guess for when baby will come, as well as birth weight and height just for fun!!!

See my pregnancy posts with my first baby at 37 weeks pregnant here, 38 weeks pregnant here, &  at 39 weeks pregnant here.

3 comments:

  1. Hope she comes tomorrow for you! My sister on law had a membrane sweep and it put her right into labor, didn't do anything for me when I had it done. I'll guess 7lb 4oz and 20 in. Good luck! Can't wait to hear her name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. good luck with this last week or if she comes sooner! I came accross your website last year when I was pregnant with my son (first baby) while reading up on other peoples experiences through pregnancy, birth and the first couple months :) It's been fun reading yours! Lots of advice :) Thanks! When I saw your due date I just had to comment, my birthday is on the 11th June and my son was born last year on the 10th of June. His due date was the 9th and I went into labour on his due date but he was only born the following morning ... Good luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck!! My guess is 6 lbs 10 oz 19.5 inches!! I also came across your blog while pregnant with my son last year. I love your tips and am now sending links from your blog to my pregnant friends! :)

    ReplyDelete