Sunday, November 17, 2013

Reflecting Back On Pregnancy & Thankfulness:


Reflecting Back On Pregnancy & Thankfulness:

"There is such a sweetness in being able to participate in creation"

I cannot believe this photo was taken almost a year ago. This was the day we shared we were pregnant with both of our families. I was 6 weeks pregnant and it was Thanksgiving day.  My heart is so happy looking back at that "me" and that "him".  We were newlyweds, it was just the two of us, and we had just found out that we were creating life inside my tummy & were able to share our secret with the people we love most. This was  SUCH a special time for us. Reflecting back causes so much emotion to stir within me. I cannot believe our little boy is here. I cannot believe that we are parents and how much pregnancy and being the parents to this little angel has changed us and changed our lives. Im in tears as I write this thinking about the beauty and the joy that God has placed in our hearts for this child,.. thinking about all the change that has taken place before our very eyes.. thinking about who my husband has become.. a father, a man that wants so badly to be a good example to his son.  I look in the mirror and I see a woman of strength, a woman that has learned more now than ever about selflessness and true love. My boys are my world and i am so very blessed and thankful to say and have that. I would give my life for these two humans, I dont know that I could have ever meant that before.  

I love looking back at the joy that we were experiencing in this moment. I remember my sister taking this picture of us, it was the very first picture of us all together as a family of three, little Cash man was cooking up in my belly.  This photo forever documents the moment when we were able to share in our joy and excitement and allow reality to set in.  It was now real, we were having a baby.  

Thanksgiving will forever remind me of how grateful we were that day to be having our first baby. Not knowing his sex at the time and just dreaming of what parenthood would be like. Pregnancy is just such a special gift, there is just such a sweetness in being able to participate in creation with the one you love most in this world.  Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving, for family, for babies, and for my sweet boys. 


What are you thankful for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment