Wednesday, February 6, 2013

7 Weeks Pregnancy Update


7 Week Pregnancy Update


How far along: 7 weeks, 5 days

Gender: unknown

Maternity clothes: No, wearing my regular clothes

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: Sleep hasn’t been that great since week 4 ½ when I have to get up every 2 ½-3 hrs to pee due to good old progesterone. I have also been having some pretty crazy and vivid dreams.

Miss Anything: I miss being able to wake up and feel good. I miss making healthy breakfasts, working out in the morning, and being able to have a life. Im sick sick sick, and cant get out of bed until 2 or 3pm most days.

Movement: No, but baby has a heart beat now and we’ve seen it twice and it’s the most precious thing!

Cravings: No cravings, more food adversions than anything. I cant look at chicken, cant cook myself anything (not even soup), I Couldn’t look at salad from week 5-7 but around 7 ½ salads started looking a little less nauseating, bread is all that looks good, so im eating lots of it! I feel really unhealthy the way ive been eating but my doctor said whatever I can stomach, I need to eat.

Symptoms: HUGE boobs, pee every 2 hours, head aches the first few weeks, have to eat every hour and half or im sick, nauseated from when I wake up until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, then I get sick again before bed time, just started throwing up at 7 ½ weeks, not sure if that will continue or not (I only threw up one day in the morning so far).  I get dizzy recently, I have major food adversions, my sense of smell has definitely heightened and I cannot stand pumpkin candles or my hubbys cologne right now or cigarettes.  My abs feel weird when I flex or laugh. My back hurts when I exercise or lay in bed too long. I had really bad cramping the first month and half (like period cramps).  Oh and cant forget, around week 7 I became increasingly more exhausted, I feel like I could sleep 20 hours straight and still wake up tired (ive been sleeping probably 10-12 hrs a day).

Belly Button in or out: In

Mood: Sometimes sad because of the nausea and lack of activity. Im use to being a person always on the go and would work out 6 days a week, and for over 2 weeks I wasn’t allowed any activity due to early spotting (implantation bleeding they think).  I was getting major cabin fever during that time and going stir crazy.  Most of the time im happy, sometimes easily emotional.

Looking forward to:  Exercising and having energy again. Eating healthy and getting back to a normal routine and a LIFE. Excited to go on adventures with my husband again.

Exercise: As I mentioned, I  was not allowed to exercise for a couple weeks.  I just started doing light cardio again probably 2-3 days a week if im lucky with the way im feeling right now.  I haven’t lifted weights since I found out I was pregnant and cant wait to start again (light weights). My doctor has advised me “giving birth is like a marathon, you need endurance and strength and you wouldn’t run a marathon without training, if you have a work out routine, stick to it in moderation and stay active and healthy 30-60 minutes a day. Its nice to have a doctor who values fitness. (:

Nutrition: Out the door right now. Relying on my prenatal vitamins, which I feel awful for. But I cant stomach healthier foods like veggies and getting the right amount of protein. Its so hard. I always thought id be so healthy all throughout my pregnancies but sometimes in the beginning you just have to make sure you are getting calories and get back to being healthy in the 2nd trimester when you have more of an option and the nausea is gone.

Favorite moments this week:  Seeing our baby’s heart beat at our first real Dr’s visit. My best friend is an ultra sound tech and has been letting me get US’s weekly since week 5, so we’ve been blessed to get to see our baby grow week by week! Once i have work again I wont be able to go in every week so I am taking advantage of seeing our little one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment